Today was a useful day. I called in sick and then, when I felt better, I proceeded to:
- Clean the kitchen.
- Invent a new recipe consisting of sauteed turnips, parsnips, onions, garlic, salt and a dash of curry powder. Delicious!
- Pay 1 bill.
- Answer 3 e-mails… which then caused those 3 people to respond to me, so I still have as many e-mails to respond to as I did before I responded to those e-mails. Hmmph… However, one e-mail was good news about a friend’s upcoming nuptials, so Huzzah!
- Sweep the kitchen floor (I let Roomba do the bedroom).
- Watch 4 episodes of ‘Parks and Recreation’. My new addiction; so good!
- When Michael came home from work, we went to our 2nd favorite coffee shop and we shared this…
- Did 2 loads of laundry.
- Attended 1 yoga class. I still can’t do a pushup, but I can do so many things I usen’t be able to, like touch my toes any time I want, that I am keeping the faith on the pushup.
Overall, an excellent use of a sick day.
As a special treat, I present the Baby Berry Hats featured in my last post. Thank you to my co-worker for kindly sending me and then generously allowing me to post this picture of his beautiful daughters; he’s hoping they’ll be talent-spotted (is that the phrase?).
And one more thing. I added a link for a band called Pesky J. Nixon in the sidebar. If you have minute, go to iTunes, listen to and then buy their album, “Monkey Business and Mislaid Hopes.” If you don’t have a minute, please find one; you won’t be sorry. If this is added incentive, they are Ethan’s band and they are even better than I have led you to believe. I’m off to get the last load out of the laundry and then I shall top off the day with a long overdue phone call to a friend… I am looking at you, Steena-ma-rinky-dink! Good night the rest of you!